Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Celebrate!

It's the first day of February.  This means it is only 21 days until I turn 29, the end of my 20's.  I love birthdays, everyone's, not just mine.  I think they are an awesome, wonderful time to celebrate someone's life.  I like to extend the celebrating for as long as possible.  I love birthday parties, I like planning them, throwing them, and just being a guest at them.  In the past two Saturdays I have been to two little girls' birthdays, who were both turning 1.  This Saturday I will be going to another birthday party for a little girl turning 3.  (Happy Birthday Murphee, Hannah, and Rylee) Birthday parties for kids are great! The excitement in their eyes, the joy in opening in the presents, the fun in watching them eat their birthday cake.  Carson loves to go to birthday parties too.  He was a big help to Murphee, who wasn't at all interested in opening her gifts, so he opened all of them for her.  Anytime there is a birthday in our family or one of our friends, Carson and I will call to sing to them and tell them "Happy Birthday."
Back before I had kids and became all "adult-y" I would celebrate my birthday with such gusto some people might say it was slightly obnoxious.  I had a birthday week...an entire week of all about me.  But don't worry, I wasn't completely selfish.  All of my friends had birthday weeks too. :)  In high school we would celebrate each day with food, silly socks, little gifts and goofing around.  When I moved back to Oklahoma from Georgia, my sweet friend Sara sent me a week's worth of gifts and I had strict instructions to only open them one day at a time.  
Well, now I'm getting older and somewhere along the way my birthdays stopped being such a big deal.  They sort of lost their thrill and the excitement isn't there anymore.  Maybe its having kids, maybe its just getting older....I don't really know what happened, but I don't like it one bit! :) So this year, my last year in my 20's, I will celebrate my birthday like I used! This month I will take time for me, I will paint my nails, I will go out with my friends, I will go on dates with my husband, I will do fun things with my kids, I will milk it for all it's worth!!
So Happy February everyone!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I will!!

These girls can do some serious celebrating! 


3 comments:

  1. Gotta love a week of celebrating!! ;) I have your birthday written in the front of my bible...it will never be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean you "had" an entire week? the birthday week still lives on at my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday week disappeared a looong time ago! :(

    ReplyDelete