Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Friday, February 4, 2011

Still learning, still trying, getting closer....

I have goals for my coupon craziness and I am no where near reaching them yet but I'm headed that way!  I feel like in the next several weeks I will be saving a lot more money then I am now.  It feels good to be getting closer to achieving a goal that I have set for myself!
Tonight, Brad and I went to Homeland for a few items that I knew were on sale and that we needed.  Here is my issue with coupons...most of them are for things I don't "need" or we don't use, or I don't have the extra money to stock up on a particular item.  I'm learning though, and figuring out what is worth the little bit of extra money right now so that I am saving even more later.  I am figuring out how to plan menus around coupons and sales, I am comparing prices and looking for the best deals!
Ok, so back to my Homeland trip, my total was just under $65 but with coupons and sales I only paid $34. I know this is A LOT more than other coupon-ers spend but I was pretty pumped.  It was 22 items so that means less than $2 an item!  I'm proud of myself and I'm still working toward a goal, so YAY ME!! :)

Not pictured: 2 lbs stew meat, 2 pack of baby food, and a
Dr. Pepper Brad needed to make it through the shopping trip!

2 comments:

  1. You are saying and doing what I am! I know the savings are not as great as what we have heard BUT I know I can get there! I am excited to be doing the coupon thing!

    ReplyDelete