Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wipe Out!!

Carson is on steroids....I have never experienced this personally, but they make him act like he is on speed!!  He has SO much energy, he never stops talking, and he can't seem to be still EVER!!   The steroids are for a cough he has had for several days; they help with inflammation in his airway.  So many times in the past several days I have just wanted to look at him and say "SHUTUP!!!"  I, of course, haven't said it, and if I did it would be in a loving, kind way.  :)  Two nights ago he was doing a breathing treatment and I could hear him talking up a storm; I looked at him and he was turned around backwards in the recliner, having a very animated conversation with the quilt hanging over the back of it.  Usually, during breathing treatments, he just sits there, either playing on his leapster or watching something on tv.  
The steroids also make him hungry, I can't tell you how many times this week he has told me that he is "starving."   He'll say, "Mommy, look, see my tummy?" (while lifting up his shirt and pointing) "my stomach is starving, it needs food in it."  I think the amount of food intake this week is preparing me for his teenage years!  
You really can't have a week of Carson on steroids without a really, stinkin' funny story, so here it is....
Do you ever watch Wipe Out?  You know how when the contestant is running and then jumps on that big red thing and then they go flying off into the water below?  Well, Carson had a similar experience with our couch this week.  Remember, I said he is a ball of energy and he moves non stop? Well, he was running to jump up on the couch and it was like the couch just catapulted him off.  He literally, bounced off the couch and went flying through the air.  He landed flat on his back in the middle of the living room floor and all I could do was sit there and stare at him.  After a few seconds he cut his eyes over at me, waiting to see how I was going to react.  It was taking everything in me not to bust out laughing, but I was a good mommy and asked him if he was ok and then told him maybe he should just sit down and rest for a little while.  While he rested, I went in the bedroom, called Brad, and laughed so hard I cried!  You may not think it's as hilarious as I think it is, it might be one of those "you had to be there" experiences...but let me tell you, it was funny!!  
(And don't worry, he's fine!!) :)
I love my son, I hate him having to take the steroids, but they do make him get better more quickly.  I just really hate the side effects; thankfully tomorrow is his last dose!  At least it makes for funny stories!!






No comments:

Post a Comment