Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day...blah, blah, blah

If you know me at all, you know this is not my favorite holiday.  I really could skip February 14 all together and be completely ok with it.  Except for it's my Granny's birthday and no February 14 would mean no Granny, and we can't have that....so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!!


My apathy toward Valentine's Day does not mean I am anti-love, anti-gifts, anti-celebrating the ones I love; I have just never understood the need to have one day completely devoted to flowers, candy hearts, cheesy gifts, and gaggy pink clothes! I by no means want to offend anyone, so if you are offended, please accept my sincerest apology! :)  I love romance, chick flicks, presents, and of course my husband and kids! I love love! :) I just think Valentine's Day is a little overrated.  From junior high to today, I have NEVER worn red on Valentine's Day....both my boys did today though and they looked absolutely adorable!

My Little Valentines
This morning, I told Carson "Happy Valentine's Day" and as we sat and talked about what Valentine's Day means he looked up at me and said "but Mommy, I love you everyday!!"   Talk about melting this mommy's heart!!  So even my little 3 year old understands that we don't need one specific day to tell each other how much we love each other!
Brad and I have never really "gone all out" for Valentine's Day, we love to spend time together and we don't need extravagant gifts to show each other our love.  I would rather have a cute shirt or something for my house than flowers and candy, or a card with something special and sweet written in it.  We do take advantage of the rare opportunities when we can go out on a date, and this weekend was one of those occasions!  Grown up conversation, no diaper bag, lipstick, and my husband....and it wasn't even Valentine's Day!



Tonight, I plan on cooking dinner for my family, giving Brad, Carson, and Aden their Valentine's gifts and having a pretty ordinary night at home.  So Happy Valentine's Day to you crazy people who love this holiday! (Shannon) I hope you are all having a tremendous day with the people you love.  I have spent all day with the 2 little boys I love most in the world and tonight I get to spend time with the man I love most in the world.  I am truly blessed with my little family and love them dearly, Valentine's Day or not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment