Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I hate snot!

I can deal with a lot of the parenting grossness....diaper changes, poop, puke, messy eating, filth from playing outside, but I have very little tolerance for snot!! :)  And let me just tell you, my kids and I have been FULL of it for the past week and a half.  It started with Carson, a low fever, congestion, wheezing....which for him can turn into full blown bad in the blink of an eye.  I took him to the doctor, everything was clear so I just did the stuff I know to do at home.  Humidifier on full blast, vapor rub, breathing treatments, decongestant, cough medicine, alternating Tylenol and Motrin....you get the idea! When it comes to Sick Carson, I can handle it!  What I can't handle is the insane amount of snot that can come out of one person.  There are kleenex all over the house, hand sanitizer, and I made him wash his hands so much they were nearly chapped!! Carson is 3, you would think he could blow his nose, but he can't seem to figure it out.  I tell him all the time that he would feel so much better if he would just blow his stinkin' nose!!
Well, after several days of keeping everything as disinfected as possible and trying to keep Carson away from Aden, the germs attacked Aden and me.  Yuck!!  I can barely tolerate my own snot!
Aden ran a low fever off and on for a couple of days and he is still congested.  Since he is so little there isn't much you can do.  He's been on Claritin, Tylenol, Motrin, humidifier running, etc but he still has a cruddy sounding cough that I'm hoping goes away soon.  There is nothing sadder than a sick, miserable 6 month old.
Having children made me a little crazy when it comes to germs.  I have spent the last 2 days cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms, changing sheets, disinfecting door knobs and light switches....anything I can do to make the snot go away!  I knew having two kids would mean sharing germs but I was not prepared for being cooped up in the house for over a week!  I have been to the store, and out to dinner, and my fabulous friend took me to get a pedicure just to save my sanity!! Carson finally went back to school yesterday and I'm pretty sure the Hallelujah Chorus was playing when I walked him into class.  We are not typically home-bodies, and I do not like feeling like I am confined to my house.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some lazy days at home but only when they were my idea...not when they are forced on me.  We went out for a little while this morning, I even got a new dress, but after just a couple of hours I was feeling cruddy, Aden was fussy, and Carson needed a breathing treatment.
Dear Oklahoma weather, please be consistent.  I would really like for my family to get well, and stay well.  I know, I know, I've lived here for all but 3 years of my life, I know it's not going to be consistent. I guess I will just pump us full of vitamins and healthy eating, keep the house disinfected, and maybe the germs will leave us alone.  At least Brad hasn't gotten sick....so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment