Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"E" for Effort

Well, last night I made my first attempt at more serious "couponing!" My sister and I went to Starbucks, planned our menus for the week, and organized our shopping lists and coupons.  We started with Homeland, I didn't think their sales were that great this week but I got a few items that I needed.  I bought 11 items and paid a little over $12, I saved 57%.  Next we went to Crest where I bought 24 items and spent $42.  I know that is a whole lot more than what some of you other crazies might spend, but I was proud of my effort!  I still have a few more things on my list for this upcoming week but I plan on waiting until I go through the Sunday newspaper coupons before I finish up.  I still haven't tried out CVS , thats on my "to-do" list for this week.  I know a lot of people that save tons of money there, I'm hoping to be one of them!
Today, I have spent the morning organizing my coupons and now that they are more structured I'm little more excited about my endeavor.  Currently, my goal is to not go over my budget, and to save $10 to $15 a week.  Eventually, I would like to save a lot more than this but that's my plan for now!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well! All the coupon craze has me back clipping! We used to use coupons all the time, hit all the double coupon stores and compare prices. I don't know why I ever quit, but I did. I am taking that class in Bethany the 20th of this month. I am very excited to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have an iphone, get the pricebook app. It's great for tracking prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    This is Carrie with CouponCloset.net
    I just read your post, and I wanted to tell you that making a goal is key to success with coupons. You might think that your goal to save $10-$15 isn't much but that is where I started too. Next thing you know, you will be like me and save over $700 a month! Good luck, stick with making goals, and always e-mail me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the app idea Laura. Tara this is my "new" item I am tackling this week. Time for me to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, we are planning to have a coupon class at Graceway the first week of March. You should come!

    ReplyDelete