Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

12 Extraordinary Women ~ Part 4

It's challenging to sit down and write a blog about amazing women when you have been hit with first, Carson getting sick and now Aden having pneumonia in both lungs!  What a week!  Carson is doing much better and yesterday when Aden started to cough a little and have a runny nose I just assumed he had a little cold from Carson.  A few hours later....throw up in my hair and a boy with a 102 fever...I found out he was a pretty stinkin' sick little man.  Aden has had a cold here and there but never been sick like this.  It breaks my heart and I wish I could fix it for him.  We are doing all we can and hopefully in the next day or 2 we will start to see some improvement!
On days like this, when I have sat with a 2 1/2 year old in my lap all day long burning up with fever, when I feel exhausted, helpless and overwhelmed, I am extra thankful for the amazing women in my life.  My extraordinary woman from day 3 started out by blessing me this morning by offering to pick Carson up from school today!  I nearly cried when I read her text...I think that was partially from being so tired though.  I was so thankful to be able to stay home, not have to wake Aden up from his nap and let Carson have a little bit of fun by riding with Saydee and Lindsay.
So many of my extraordinary women have called me today to check on us and see if we need anything.  I feel so blessed!  I am very thankful for the awesome women I have in my life who love me and my kids and I know would do anything for us.
This afternoon, one of my favorite ladies called me.  She is definitely extraordinary!  I have watched her walk through trials and experience heart ache like I can not imagine and all along that path she has been faithful, committed, and obedient.  Marilyn is an amazing woman.  Over the past several months I have been blessed to get to know her better!  She has been at our church for quite some time now but I never really got to know her well until she started giving Carson piano lessons.
Marilyn is someone that I admire and respect.  She is a talented, kind, loving, giving, godly woman.  She wants to help, she wants to be used, she cares and is compassionate.  She is a great listener and encourager.  She has so much Biblical knowledge, wisdom, and discernment.  I love to hear her talk about the things of the Lord; her walk with Him is so natural and apparent.  She loves her family, friends, and church.  She is so committed to doing the things of the Lord and being obedient to His call on her life.
I am amazed by Marilyn.  Her husband, LD, went to be with the Lord nearly a year ago and I have watched Marilyn and I have seen her continue to be faithful.  She is such a strong woman and I would love to be more like her.  She has had hurt, sadness, and countless numbers of feelings that I can not begin to understand but I see the peace of God all over her.  She rests in Him, she rejoices, and she is an example to others.
I love how much my children love Marilyn.  I love that she loves them.  I am so glad they are getting to know her like I am.  Her home is a place where I feel "at home" and comfortable.  She welcomes people into her home and lets little boys kick off their shoes, run around, and have snacks. (there are piano lessons mixed in there too)
Marilyn , thank you for your obedience to God.  Thank you for being faithful to Him.  You are a great example to me and I feel so blessed to have such an extraordinary woman in my life.  You live like Christ, He shines through you, you love like Him.  Thank you for all you do and for living a life that is such a great example for other woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment