Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Monday, January 28, 2013

12 Extraordinary Women ~ Part 3

It has been several days since I shared with you one of my 12 extraordinary women posts...it is not for lack of ideas but lack of time and energy.  Carson became sick during the night Wednesday night and we spent most of Thursday, Friday and Saturday resting, coughing, doing breathing treatments, and starting all over again.  Sunday he was on the mend and today was back to school and back to normal around here.  He did come home from school exhausted today and in need of a breathing treatment but he said he was very glad to be back to school and that his friends all missed him very much!
All that to say, taking care of a sick boy took priority over my blog but today I am ready to get back into the swing of things with my 3rd installment of 12 extraordinary women who have no idea they are extraordinary.
Today, just like day 1 and day 2, I want to tell you about a woman who is godly, faithful, a servant, and a great example of the Proverbs 31 woman.  These women are not the expected, obvious choices and because I have been incredibly blessed in my life, I have many women to choose from who have blessed my life.
I have a very dear friend in my life, she has been a part of it since the 3rd grade.  Lindsay is my sister's age but even as a little girl she let me be a part of her life.  She included me, loved me, let me share her clothes, and made me feel special.  I will never forget spending afternoons at her house and her letting me try on her shoes, play with her stuffed animals, and her treating me like I was no different then the "older girls."  That has always meant so much to me and made for some very happy memories for me.  Over the past several years, Lindsay and I have become very close and I am so incredibly thankful to have her in my life.  She is probably one of the happiest people I know.  She loves life, she always has a hug and smile ready for you, she laughs and makes you laugh right along with her.  She is Lindsay...she has never changed for anyone, what you see is what you get, and I love that about her.  I admire her so much.
Lindsay has been a part of my life in very pivotal moments and she probably doesn't even realize it.  The best advice I was given when I got married was from her.  Some of the best conversations and words of encouragement I received when Carson was such a sick little baby were from her.  She is honest but with kindness.  She is helpful and willing.  She has discernment and wisdom.  Her phone calls always have come at the perfect moment, the words she shares have always been exactly what I need to hear (even if it isn't what I want to hear), she is a great friend.
Lindsay is a very godly woman...her love for the Lord and doing His will is evident in every area of her life.  She motivates me and makes me want to do better. You don't have to look far to see Jesus in her, His light shines through her and all she is and all she does is because she is a servant of God.
 She takes great care of her home, her husband, and her daughter.  She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman.  She honors her husband and respects him.  She is raising Saydee in a godly home and teaching her what it looks like and what it means to be a child of God.  She has a home that is beautiful, warm, and inviting.  She loves her family, her  church family, and her friends.
She loves others, the ones that are easy to love and those that are not as lovable.  She makes people feel at ease and content.  She loves like Christ.  She goes above and beyond!
Lindsay is one that you could easily take for granted...she is always there, she will always do it, she is always willing, she is ever faithful.  I pray that I do not take her for granted.  I pray that I encourage her, thank her, and do my best to remind her often what an amazing woman I think she is.
I love how she loves God, I love how she strives to be better, I love how she is genuine and true, I love that she doesn't take herself too seriously, and I love that she is my friend and example.
Lindsay, thank you for being my friend.  Thank you for taking the time to get to know me.  I love going to church with you, raising our children in the same church and school, having our husbands serve as deacons together, and just being friends. You are a tremendous blessing, not just to me, but to so many of the people you come in contact with.  You are truly extraordinary, special, and unique! There is no one else like you and I'm so glad God gave you to me and everyone else in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment