Stay At Home Supermom

Stay At Home Supermom

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

12 Extraordinary Women ~ Part 2

Yesterday I began a 12 part series of posts dedicated to women who have touched my life and made an impact on me.  As a I said in my first post, these are not the obvious choices, the ones we all know that are extraordinary, who stand out in our minds...but these are the women who quietly, faithfully, steadily live extraordinary lives as servants of God.  My heart and mind are so full as I think about all the women who have made an impact on my life.  What a blessing it is for me to have the honor of knowing so many spiritual giants and Proverbs 31 women.
Today, in keeping with my Georgia girl from yesterday, I will continue on with a group of extraordinary southern ladies.  As I said yesterday, I moved to Gainesville, Georgia in 1998 as a 16 year old...this kind of move is never easy for anyone, especially a teenage girl who had never known anything other than south Oklahoma City and her close knit family and church friends.  When we joined our church in Gainesville, New Holland Baptist Church, I was in a little bit of shock.  I had grown up at Graceway with a large youth group, a big building, and tons of people.  New Holland was an old traditional southern church with a much smaller youth group.  It took some time but I loved my new youth group, my church, and the people who went there.  They truly loved one another, enjoyed being together, and had so much fun.
There is a group of women who were at that church that I would say are extraordinary.  They are spiritually grounded, focused on doing the things of God, and living their lives by thinking eternally.  Patra, Andrea, Janice, and Lauri are some of the many women who welcomed me and my family with open arms.  They made me feel at home and a part of the "group".  I loved how confident they were, how easily they had fun, and their amazing attitudes.
Through facebook I have been able to keep in touch with these women and am still incredibly blessed by their posts and the lives they are living.  They are so faithful and love the Lord with all their heart.  I feel honored to have known these women for nearly 15 years.  (Can you believe it's been that long!?)  I have watched them go through trials, hurts, and disappointments but I never saw them waiver.  They continued on.  I have seen them rejoice, celebrate, and experience new and unexpected adventures in life.  Each of them love like Jesus.  They love their families, their  church, others, and display what it means to live for Christ.
You 4 ladies hold a very special place in my heart, I have incredible memories of spending time with each of you.  Thank you for doing the will of God, thank you for loving others, and thank you for being an example.  You are all faithful, consistent, joyful, loving, extraordinary women.
There are many ladies from New Holland who  still mean so much to me, I could make a list that goes on and on.  But you 4 ladies have touched my life even as an adult in ways you probably didn't know you would.  I would like to be more like you! Thank you for investing a little bit of time into a sassy teenage girl with a big attitude.  Thank you for still being a part of my life, I am so glad I can see Jesus in each of you!  You have been a great example! Please know that you have had a part in making me the woman I am today...I hope I can make you proud!



1 comment:

  1. I downloaded the book you recommended for my Kindle. I can't wait to read it. Sounds like you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete